Saturday, May 30, 2015

Week 29

 
Roibeard recently cleared off our balcony so that we can use it for summer activities.  I've had back decks before, but never a balcony over-looking the street. I love it so much.  As of right now we only have the one plant, but we hope to get more soon.  The cats love it but require a little supervision.  Mostly they sit on their cat tower inside and just enjoy the cool breeze and sounds of the chirping birds nearby.  However every once in a while they venture out and try to get up onto the ledge.  So we just have to be careful.  The above photo isn't the best.  The over exposed areas drive me crazy.  I see the "zebra stripes" everywhere, haha.  Throwback to film school right there.  However I decided to post it because what I DO like about it are two things - Panthro's intent stare as he overlooks the street and NES poking his head out the door in the bottom of the frame.  I'm loving it.
 


 
 
Well, I'm at 29 weeks now and working my way up to week 30.  Just a little under 11 weeks to go!  That is just so crazy!  The nursery is starting to look more like a nursery (I'll post photos after the crib arrives) and everything is becoming just a little more real.  I feel like I've finally gotten a handle on this pregnancy thing.  Every day has its own challenges, but usually I can find a way to work around them.  However, when I think about the fact that there will be a little baby here soon I go right back into freak out mode and have no clue what to do or expect.
 
I finally decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and start paying for prenatal yoga classes.  I've held off because I wanted to save the money, but I think being around other pregnant ladies will be a good thing for me.  None of my friends or co-workers are at a point in their lives where they are ready for a family.  Some of them know for a fact it's something that they never want.  So sometimes I feel a bit of a loner when it comes to all of my fears of being a new mom.
 
It's weird because I feel like I have been quite clearly showing for awhile now, but only in the past two weeks have people actually taken notice.  All of the customers at my job have been like, "you're preganant?!  Wait, when did this happen??"  Which amuses me a bit when I tell them how far a long I am.  I think the fact that the weather no longer requires jackets, sweaters, or other layers has helped to reveal my huge baby bump.  Also all of the sudden people are giving up their seat on the bus for me.  Well, not the the 20 year old hipsters.  They are too cool for that.
 
Other than a giant belly I am also sporting giant hobbit feet these days.  I just need to glue some hair on the top of them and I'm pretty sure I could fool just about anyone into thinking that I am a real life very tall hobbit.
 
 

 
 
The little ones are starting to realize that something is going on.  Okay, in truth I think that they have known for a while.  They look so cute and innocent in the above photo, but do not be fooled.  The other day at 5:30 AM when I woke up for work and was in "grumpy sleep monster mode" I found that they had "poopy-trapped" the nursery.  That is no typo.  There was old poop from the litter box (which they dragged from the other side of the apartment) strategically placed in all of the places that I need to step.  I had been poopy-trapped.

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous! And I must have deck/balcony space in any apartment too!

    ReplyDelete