Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 39: A Very Merry Un-Birthday!


Oh my gosh...don't I just look so bizarre with my bangs pinned back?  I look like a completely different person.  It always throws me a bit off.  It has just been so hot lately that I can't stand to have any amount of hair whatsoever touching my face.  Ugh, I just hate it!! 
 
Anyway, this post isn't quite from week 39.  I cheated a bit.  The photos are from early in week 38 and I'm writing this from the later part of week 38.  You know, artistic license and all that.  Actually I wanted to write it now because Roibeard is pretty much convinced that the baby is coming either Sunday (August 2nd) or Monday (August 3rd).  He's one of those people who is usually right when he gets "a feeling" about something.
 
I'm going to have a few scheduled posts after this point, but I won't be updating about the baby or the birth experience until I've had some time to recover.  At the most I may just do a super quick birth announcement post.
 
However, if you want to see an overload of adorable baby photos feel free to follow my instagram:
 
 


 
 
As you can see from the above photo, last week was cause for a serious celebration: my un-birthday!!  Don't know what an un-birthday is?  Well it's any day that's not your birthday of course!  Go watch the animated Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and you'll understand.  Roibeard spoiled me by stuffing my face with amazing Mexican food for lunch and incredible Indian food for dinner.  It was wonderful.  Especially since these past few weeks I've been able to eat a normal amount of food in a sitting.
 
Then in the evening we made it to our first Cubs game ever.  Seeing as Roibeard is Irish and has only lived in Chicago for just under two years it's understandable that he has never been to a game.
For me though...I've spent nearly 1/3 of my life in Chicago (almost 10 years!) so I really don't have an excuse. 
 
Neither one of us are really sports people and went just for the fun of it.  Roibeard even bought me a hat to make the night authentic, haha.  I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts as we were joking around about the teams, confused by some of the plays, and talking about how the Cubs were sucking at first.  Because, well, they were.  It took them like 4 or 5 innings to get a homerun.  They ended up winning and we got to eat ice cream from plastic Cubs hats, so all in all it was a really nice early birthday.







For realsies this time...this will be my last time posting before I officially become a "mom"!  Next outfit post will be sure to include short hair and "mom jeans".  I mean, don't they just supply them in the delivery room as part of your take home freebies?

No comments:

Post a Comment