Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 23








Here I am with my first post solely on the iPad.  My photos are small and unedited, but at least I'm still updating.  I've read that you can download other apps to assist with posting through blogger on the iPad.  That's just too much for me to handle right now though.  When I started this blog I promised myself it would be easy, simple, and fun.  So my little blog isn't the best, but here we are.

This was my Easter outfit from last week.  Roibeard and I had to celebrate a day late because we were both working on Easter proper.  We still had a wonderful dinner.  I made deviled eggs, spinach pie, asapagus "yum yum" (asparagus, mushroom, and cheese dish), and cheesecake bars.  Even though it's gone I'm still drooling over its delicious memory.

I'm so happy that I had at least one Eastery dress that still fit me.  Seriously, getting dressed these days has become a major challenge.  There are very few things in my wardrobe that still fit and of those things even fewer that I feel comfortable in.  I'm holding off on thrifting some summer dresses because I want to wait until I start my third trimester.  I'd hate to buy a bunch of stuff only for it to be too small a few days later!

Another reason I'm holding off on buying new clothes is money.  Ever since we found out we were expecting Roibeard and I have been doing everything we can to cut back on unnecessary spending.  It kind of stinks because I always pictured myself with THE BEST vintage maternity clothes ever.  I pictured my hair done up every day and my cat eyeliner always being perfect.  Cut to reality and I'm 23 weeks pregnant and clinging to anything in my closet that will fit over my ever growing chest.  Seriously, if it passes the bust test, then we're golden.  Makeup has also taken a back seat these days.  I can't afford to replace my eyeliner, primer, and bb cream every month right now, so most days I have been leaving my apartment with only a dash of blush and a swipe of mascara.  Both of my jobs requires that my hair be restrained, so at 5:30 in the morning when I'm getting ready for the day a quick pony tail is my best friend.  It's definitely a change for me and my sense of style.  

I've always found the contrast between middle aged women and their younger selves to be so interesting.  You look through old photos and wonder what changed.  From rocking a killer pair of heels to sporting an old pair of ratty orthopedic sneakers....what changed.  Clearly I'm not quite that far lost just yet.  But I do wonder if this pregnancy is the start of a permanent change of style or just a temporary glitch.  Hopefully if things do change they go in the classy direction and not in the casual direction.  At least not permanently casual.  I love my dresses and girly accessories!








No comments:

Post a Comment