Friday, August 1, 2014

San Francisco: The Palace of Fine Arts



While looking through my hard drive the other day I came across these photos that Roibeard and I took from when we were still living in San Francisco.  The photos are from the Palace of Fine Arts which was one of my favorite places to go on dates when I lived there.  What I find interesting about these is that the photos are from two different trips that we took during two very different times of the day.  The first ones were probably taken around mid-day and the ones near that bottom were taken closer to the golden hour.


 


 
The Palace of Fine Arts is located in the Marina District of San Francisco.  When Roibeard and I first moved to San Fran this is where we lived (before moving to the Mission District), so it was easy to stop by here during an afternoon stroll.  The monument was originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition.  It is one of the few structures that survived over the years.
 
 




 
As happy as I am to be back in Chicago I really do miss California.  It wasn't the right place for me to settle down, but I am so glad to have had the opportunity to have spent two years over there.  The nice thing about having family over that way is that we can always go back to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment